Check Out for Children is the core element of the Check Out for Children partnership between UNICEF and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. It invites guests across Europe, Africa, and the Middle East to add $1 to their bill to help UNICEF provide clean drinking water and proper sanitation facilities for children and families across Africa and the Middle East.
Every day 1,400 children die from diseases caused by dirty water or poor sanitation.
Yet, just $1 could help provide 9 children with safe drinking water for a month.
In 2015, UNICEF and Starwood Hotels & Resorts celebrated 20 years of their Check Out for Children partnership.
Thanks to Starwood guests and employees, over $35 million has been raised to help UNICEF improve the lives of more than 4.5 million children.
Where your donation goes
Your money really does make a difference to children’s lives. UNICEF is funded entirely by voluntary contributions – they receive no money from the UN budget.
100% of a guest’s Check Out for Children™ donation is sent to UNICEF, who spend a minimum of 85% on programmes for children. The remaining 15% is used to raise the next dollar for children.